June 29, 2021 – Coronavirus Update – PPP Status Update
Dear Essex Savings Bank Customers/Families,
For the health and well-being of our clients and staff, we are continuing to monitor the latest news about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Given the updated guidance from the CDC and the State of CT Public Health Department, coupled with the increased numbers of individuals who are now fully vaccinated, Essex Savings Bank branch lobbies are now open. In keeping in step with the public guidance, customers may enter our branches without masks if they are fully vaccinated and feel comfortable entering our lobbies without a mask. For those who are not fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks following the final injection), we ask that masks be worn for your protection and those around you. As you enter a branch, please refer to the information on our “Stop Signs” – as posted. We will continue to offer expanded services via our drive thrus for those who do not feel comfortable conducting an in-person transaction in our lobbies. As noted below, we have many channels in which to serve the varied needs of our community.
Paycheck Protection Program
Essex Savings Bank has served several hundred customers through the various rounds of PPP funding and we are thankful to have assisted you during this challenging time. Our forgiveness portal remains open for processing Forgiveness Applications. Round 1 PPP Loans granted in 2020 are due to go into repayment starting in July and August, 2021. If you have not yet filed for your Round 1 forgiveness, please consider doing so before the PPP loan goes into its repayment period. If you received a PPP loan during the latest round of funding, you may apply for forgiveness once all loan proceeds have been used during the 8 to 24 week covered period following loan disbursement. Borrowers may apply for forgiveness up to 10 months after the last day of the covered period. Essex Savings Bank suggests that you consult with your accountant before applying for forgiveness. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for the web-based PPP Forgiveness Application link or any additional questions. We thank you for your business and look forward to serving your banking needs in the future..
Due to the effects of COVID-19 delivery of your statement may be delayed. As an account holder, you have many alternative banking channels available to you if you do not wish to utilize the branch drive through. These services include eStatements, online account viewing, bill pay, transfers, person to person payments, mobile check deposit and more.
- Online banking is available (To register, click here to go to our Online Banking page)
- Mobile banking is available (Visit our Electronic Banking page to download the free Essex Savings Bank app from Google or the App store)
- Apply for a Mortgage Online
- Call (844) 824-9387 for online banking assistance
- Call our 24-Hour Phone Link at (888) 767-0046 for up to date automated account information
- Call us at (860) 767-4414 if you have any other questions
- Contact your employer for your paycheck to be direct deposited
- For businesses, consider applying for remote deposit capture to transmit checks to the Bank from your office and ask us about online wire capabilities
Please continue to keep informed and follow the guidelines of the CDC to help prevent the spread of this illness – https://cdc.gov):
- Clean and disinfect often (in addition to typical cleansers, hydrogen peroxide is effective in combatting the virus)
- Wash your hands using soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently throughout the day
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick (fever, dry cough and shortness of breath are signs of the coronavirus)
- Disinfect your phone and keyboard daily along with any shared devices
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Wear a face-mask
We appreciate your efforts in preventing the spread of this virus by recognizing the signs of your own health issues. Please call us with your financial needs and questions. We continue to stand ready to assist with your financial needs.
Please continue to visit our website for any updates.
Gregory R. Shook
President & CEO