Residential Loan Processor/Underwriter
Motivated individual sought to fill the position of Residential Loan Processor/Underwriter for a local mutual savings bank. Individual must possess strong customer service, organizational and analytical skills. Qualified individuals must also be able to manage multiple tasks such as:
- Incumbent will handle all facets of residential mortgage applications by adhering to internal guidelines, bank policies and regulatory requirements during the origination processing phase.
- Leads the way with an upfront review and makes the initial credit decision recommendation based on company checklists and guidelines
- Works with the post-closing team on any commitment letter requirements for files to reach the finish line
- Reviews loan files for self-employed applicants
- Provide quality customer service as it relates to residential mortgage origination inquiries and research issues. Interface with lenders, service providers and customers to obtain necessary documentation for underwriting needs and parameters.
- Assist with compliance-related duties, and other month-end management reports and other administrative duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of Fannie Mae’s underwriting requirements, regulatory and compliance issues pertaining to residential lending and/or willingness to learn.
- Excellent computer skills, written and oral communication skills and a high degree of attention to detail necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
High school degree and one to two years related experience and/or training. Sound knowledge of Word, Excel, loan origination software, and data center software required to perform this job successfully.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our policy, click here.