Trust Administration Assistant
Essex Savings Bank’s Trust Department is looking to fill the role of Trust Administration Assistant. The incumbent will perform a variety of trust administrative functions on a daily basis.
- Acts as primary administrator of assigned trusts. Under Trust Officers’ supervision this includes assisting in the proper administration of trusts including contacting trust beneficiaries and co-fiduciaries as necessary. Handle telephone inquiries from clients; provide administrative support to clients, bank personnel and brokers.
- Administrative duties include insuring all elements of trust administration and investment management are complete and well documented. Perform detailed work necessary to administer accounts according to trust instruments in a timely manner. Complete preliminary work related to reoccurring and discretionary distributions. Prepare plans for division to make distributions to beneficiaries in accordance with the trust instrument and in a timely manner. Provide analytical support role for trusts and their administration. Check periodic debits and credits to principal and income accounts for tax consequences. Perform the account opening and closing functions for the assigned trust accounts and coordinate the same with the operations team. Initiate orders to transfer securities and other trust assets to or from the accounts with attention to the tax basis or costs of these trust assets. Insure periodic reviews of all such assets. Set up and maintain complete records of all special assets in the Trust Department to insure proper handling of taxes, insurance, leases, maintenance, valuation and all required governmental filings and reports.
- Ongoing training and development required. Maintain technical competence by keeping informed of developments in law and related matters involving trust administration and taxation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and Associates Degree
- Proficient computer skills with a solid grasp on Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent Customer Services Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A high degree of attention to detail necessary
- 5 – 7 years of trust administration and/or paralegal background in Trusts and Estates
- Experience in FIS Charlotte or other trust accounting platform
- Ability to multi-task
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment. Submit resumes and salary history to:
Essex Savings Bank Human Resources, P.O. Box 950, Essex CT 06426.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,428.00 – $71,088.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our policy, click here.