Commercial Loan Officer
Essex Savings Bank is seeking an ambitious, outgoing individual with strong commercial lending skills to develop new business and manage existing portfolio clients’ needs. Under the supervision of the Chief Lending Officer the Commercial Loan Officer examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for commercial loans by performing the following duties.
- Interviews commercial applicants and originates loans for all types of commercial loan products offered by the Bank. Prepares loan application documentation in compliance with bank policies and procedures. Performs underwriting analysis, calculation of ratios, reviews credit and appraisals and interfaces daily with the loan administration and credit departments.
- Approves loans within specified limits or refers loans to loan committee for approval. Performs reviews of existing commercial loan customers within bank’s portfolio and provides required documentation and file memos for periodic review process. Interfaces with attorneys, accountants and other industry experts as necessary.
- Provides consultative selling and quality customer service. Promotes and cross-sells other Bank products and services as appropriate and conducts business calls to prospects, centers of influence, and customers on routine basis.
- Reviews and interprets federal regulations and state laws as they apply to commercial lending to ensure that the Bank remains current with all policies, procedures as dictated by the FDIC and State Banking Department. Collaborates with the Chief Lending Officer regarding external factors that may affect the Bank’s lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Responsible for adhering to credit and documentation standards and policies.
- Assists in mentoring role with loan administration and credit department staff.
- Represents the Bank in contacts with business and trade associations, customers and regulatory agencies. Attends civic functions and otherwise promotes the Bank’s image in a positive fashion.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial lending and/or a combination of related experience and training.
- Knowledge of SBA and Construction Lending preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our policy, click here.