Assistant Branch Manager
Motivated individual sought to fill the position of Assistant Branch Manager at the Plains Road Branch. Interested individuals will assist in the responsibility for the achievement of business development, service, and operational goals in their respective branch and contributing to the achievement of bank-wide strategic goals. Further assists with leadership and coaching of a high-performance team. Assumes responsibilities of branch in absence of Branch Manager. Qualified individuals must also be able to manage multiple tasks such as:
- Maintaining high customer service standards and resolving customer problems particularly of a complex nature. Assists branch manager with new accounts and account maintenance issues (i.e. IRAs, commercial checking, trust and custodial accounts, estate accounts, etc.). Actively retains customers via inquiring about large transfers, withdrawals and customer issues. Has comfort level in referring prospects to partners (i.e. Investment, Trust, and Commercial) and coaching branch staff to do the same. Suggests and provides ideas for business development, customer service strategies, and provides input on issues that relate to branch and team development. In conjunction with Branch Manager, seeks opportunities to promote the Bank and grow the deposit base through active participation in Bank initiatives, community affairs and groups, and proactively making business calls to prospects, customers, and centers of influence.
- In coordination with branch manager, assists in the responsibilities for branch operations. Assists the branch manager in adhering to security, operational policies, compliance, and procedural controls to minimize bank exposure. In coordination with the Teller Supervisor, assists with overseeing that branch settlement, check imaging, ATM service and settlement, inventory control, and cash monitoring are completed.
- Coaches staff to ensure adherence to customer courtesy standards. Provide self as resource to branch staff for product knowledge. Assist the Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor with providing applicable branch teller training, development, and motivation. Assists in conducting one-on-ones and evaluations for tellers. Assist in the planning and participation of regularly scheduled Assistant Branch Manager meetings with the purpose of providing continuity and support in all aspects of the Assistant Branch Managers’ normal duties as well as maintaining positive cooperation, communication, and partnerships with internal departments and subsidiaries. Maintains harmony among staff and assists with resolving grievances. Assists in achievement of branch goals and objectives.
- Support the Bank’s BSA compliance program in coordination with the Branch Manager, staff, and internal departments. Assists in the responsibilities of identifying and reporting suspicious activity, thorough investigation, monitoring, and completion of BSA reporting requirements. Overseeing the preparation of CTR and SAR reporting, ensuring accuracy and timely completion.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and one to two years Banking experience; or three to five years related experience and/or training. Requires supervisory skills, reasoning, and problem-solving ability. Must have sound, basic math skills and sound interpersonal skills to interface effectively with customers and coworkers. Individual should have knowledge of Windows-based Word Processing software and data center software. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment. Submit resumes to Essex Savings Bank Human Resources PO Box 950 Essex CT 06426.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our policy, click here.