Bank Teller Supervisor
Tellers are the face of Essex Savings Bank! Essex Savings Bank is seeking a Teller Supervisor for our Essex Village Branch who can help manage a team by creating an energetic, team environment while providing excellent customer service to our banking and non-banking customers. You will coach your team to provide a high level of customer service to our current and potential customers. Daily interactions will allow you to get to know our customers personally and discover opportunities to assist them along the way.
- Serves as back-up to the Branch Manager for the following: managing team performance, motivation, and coaching.
- Supervises teller line and personally assists in processing all types of financial transactions.
- Welcomes and establishes relationships by getting to know the customer to provide an extraordinary experience.
- Exhibits a high level of service behaviors, and adherence to operational procedures and processes.
- Processes bank transactions accurately and efficiently while educating clients on products/services and creating a referral when a potential opportunity has been identified.
- Identify new relationship opportunities and cross-sell opportunities and refer prospects to appropriate team members (Trust, Investment, Commercial, etc.) and motivate teller line to do the same.
- Be able to open new accounts and perform account maintenance. Process complex transactions (i.e. international services, IRA transactions, etc.)
- Serve as mentor, trainer and role model for teller line so that high quality customer service standards are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for branch operations (including but not limited to ATM settlement, vault balancing, security issues, inventory control, and staffing) and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge, educates and coaches Tellers on products/services, technology, and operational procedures and processes.
- Creates work schedules, cross-sells Bank products, branch settlement, check imaging is performed daily.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Minimum of 1 year referral/sales experience in which goals have been met or exceeded
- Minimum of 2 years Teller experience OR 2 years of leadership/coaching/supervisory experience is required
- Previous supervisory experience in banking preferred
- Must be available to work the required schedule of the Branch, including Saturdays
- Must have excellent written and verbal (face-to-face and phone) communication skills including professional grammar and demeanor
- PC and internet proficiency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment. Submit resumes and salary history to Essex Savings Bank Human Resources PO Box 950 Essex CT 06426.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Essex Savings Bank Human Resources, P.O. Box 950, Essex CT 06426.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,936.00 – $52,404.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our policy, click here.