Junior Staff Accountant
Essex Savings Bank, a growing, dynamic, community bank, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Accounting team!
Under the direction of the Controller responsible for daily cash management, financial reporting, fixed assets, investment accounting, reconcile various general ledger accounts and perform a variety of functions. Qualified individuals must be able to reconcile various general ledger accounts including researching and clearing any outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Preparation of assigned financial reporting and regulatory reports (i.e. Call Report, GAP, FR2900) and other reports as assigned.
- Maintaining investment sub-module systems and preparing month end entries for various other manually accrued items and analyzing accounts to ensure accurate reporting.
- Daily cash management (correspondent bank account balancing and Fed Funds investing) and maintaining target balances in all correspondent bank accounts.
- Fixed asset accounting, preparation of yearly property tax assessment reports and conducting periodic inventory of assets at all locations in addition to preparing the annual property income and expense reports.
Accounting Degree required with 1 to 2 years relevant experience preferred.
- Strong background in banking related field a plus
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Windows 10 a plus
- Understands and has the ability to apply general accounting principles to projects and tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Must be detail oriented
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $34,000 to $ 59,000/annually
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our policy, click here.