ESSEX SAVINGS BANK ANNOUNCES 2019 BALLOT INITIATIVE
Essex, CT. – Essex Savings Bank is pleased to announce the 72 organizations that will participate in the 2019 Community Investment Program ballot. Organizations eligible for the ballot initiative are limited to the immediate market area consisting of Chester, Deep River, Essex, Lyme, Madison, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook and Westbrook. Applications for Essex Savings Bank’s ballot initiative are available mid-October to mid-November. Ballots will be available at all Essex Savings Bank offices February 1st through the 28th to determine the allocation of funds. Customers are also able to vote by logging onto their Essex Savings Bank online account.
Since 1996, the Bank has annually committed up to 10% of after tax net income to qualifying organizations. In 2019 total funding will surpass $4.5 million with $132,000 allotted for this year. Customers allocate 30% of funds each year by voting for three of their favorite participating causes, charities or organizations. The remaining 70% of funding is distributed by the Bank’s Directors, Senior Officers, Branch Managers and the Bank’s wholly owned subsidiary Essex Financial Services, Inc. The Bank’s Community Investment Program includes other opportunities for funding to the surrounding region. Please visit essexsavings.com to learn more about this program.
Organizations (72) qualifying to appear on the 2019 ballot include:
Act II Thrift Shop, Inc. * A Little Compassion Inc. / The Nest Coffee House * Angel Charities, Inc. * Bikes for Kids, Inc. * Brazilian and American Youth Cultural Exchange (BRAYCE) * Camp Hazen YMCA * Cappella Cantorum, Inc. * CDE (Chester, Deep River, Essex) Cooperative Nursery School * Chester Historical Society * The Chester Hose Company Incorporated * Chester Land Trust * Common Good Gardens, Inc. * Community Music School * Connecticut Cancer Foundation, Inc. * The Connecticut River Museum at Steamboat Dock * The Country School, Inc. * Deep River Ambulance Association, Inc. * Deep River Elementary School PTO, Inc * Deep River Fire Department, Inc. * Deep River Historical Society, Inc. * Deep River Junior Ancient Fife & Drum Corps, Inc. * Dog Days Adoption Events, Inc. * E.C. Scranton Memorial Library, Madison * Essex Community Fund, Inc. * Essex Land Trust, Inc. * The Essex Library Association, Inc. * Essex Winter Series * Estuary Council of Seniors, Inc. – Meals on Wheels * Forgotten Felines, Inc. * Friends In Service Here (F.I.S.H.) * Friends of Hammonasset, Inc. * Friends of the Chester Public Library, Inc. * Friends of the Essex Library * High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc. * Homeward Bound Adoptions CT, Inc. * Infinite Strength, Inc. * Ivoryton Library Association * Ivoryton Playhouse Foundation, Inc. * Ivoryton Village Alliance * The Katherine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, Inc. (The Kate) * Literacy Volunteers Valley Shore, CT, Inc. * Lyme Ambulance Association, Inc. * The Lyme Fire Company, Inc. * Lyme Land Conservation Trust, Inc. * Lyme Public Hall & Local History Archives, Inc. * Lymes’ Youth Service Bureau * Madison Ambulance Association, Inc. * Maritime Education Network, Inc. * MusicNow Foundation, Inc * Old Lyme Historical Society, Inc. * Old Lyme Land Trust, Inc. * Old Lyme-Phoebe Griffin Noyes Library Association * Old Lyme Visiting Nurse Association, Inc. * Old Saybrook Fire Company Number One, Inc. * Old Saybrook Historical Society * Old Saybrook Land Trust, Inc. * Pandemonium Rainforest Project, Inc. * Pay Forward, Inc. * Region 4 Education Foundation (R4EF) * Ruth Ann Heller Music Foundation, Inc. * SARAH, Inc. * Simply Sharing, Inc. * Sister Cities Essex Haiti, Inc. * Tait’s Every Animal Matters (TEAM) * Tri-Town Youth Services Bureau, Inc. * Valley Baseball-Softball Booster Club, Inc. * Valley Shore Animal Welfare League * Valley Shore YMCA * Visiting Nurses of the Lower Valley, Inc. (VNLV) * Vista Life Innovations, Inc. * Westbrook Project Graduation, Inc. * Westbrook Youth and Family Services, Inc.
Essex Savings Bank is a FDIC insured, state chartered, mutual savings bank established in 1851. The Bank serves the Connecticut River Valley and shoreline with six offices in Essex (2), Chester, Madison, Old Lyme and Old Saybrook providing a full complement of personal and business banking. Financial, estate, insurance and retirement planning are offered throughout the state by the Bank’s Trust Division, Essex Trust and wholly-owned subsidiary, Essex Financial Services, Inc., Member FINRA, SIPC.