Essex Savings Bank is seeking a Branch Manager who can help manage a team by creating an energetic, team environment while providing excellent customer service to our banking customers. The Branch Manager is responsible for the achievement of sales (business development), service, and operational goals in their respective branch and contributing to the achievement of bank-wide strategic goals. This will be accomplished via the leadership and coaching of a high-performance team in all of the above aspects, and developing strong partnerships with internal partners. Other responsibilities are outlined below:
- Develop and contribute to creating a positive environment within the Branch and within the Bank so that branch staff can maximize their cross-selling, service, and operational contributions. Promote referrals to Trust and Essex Financial. Conduct regular meetings with staff to train and inform them on strategies, tactics, and skill development consistent with the Bank’s strategic plan. Develop skills of staff including counseling, motivating, and coaching of branch staff to develop customer service, sales, and leadership skills consistent with bank expectations. Reward and recognize superior performance of others. Act as a liaison between Branch Administrator and branch staff. Ensure effective human resource management.
- Promote the Bank and grow the deposit base through active participation in community affairs, groups, and events. Proactively make business calls on prospects, existing customers, and centers of influence. Participate in CRA initiatives.
- Negotiate and resolve difficult and complex product and service issues from customers, team, and business partners in order to retain existing customer base and develop new ones. In conjunction with staff, assist with new accounts and account maintenance issues.
- Ensure branch compliance with all bank regulatory policies and procedures with attention to BSA, security and cybersecurity. Ensure branch operates in an accurate and efficient manner and in cooperation with other departments and their efforts.
- Provide referrals to Loan Officers and/or assist with consumer lending needs.
- Other responsibilities as required
- College education
- 3 to 5 years branch manager experience
- Must be available to work the required schedule of the Branch, including Saturdays
- Must have excellent written and verbal (face-to-face and phone) communication skills including professional grammar and demeanor
- PC and internet proficiency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment. Submit resumes and salary history to Essex Savings Bank Human Resources PO Box 950 Essex CT 06426.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Essex Savings Bank Human Resources, P.O. Box 950, Essex CT 06426.
Job Type: Full-time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our policy, click here.