Statement of Goals and Guidelines
Community Investment Program 2024 Ballot Application
Essex Savings Bank has pledged to donate up to 10% of its after tax net income each year to non-profit organizations and community development projects in the following eleven towns, including Chester, Clinton, Deep River, Guilford, Killingworth, Essex, Lyme, Madison, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook and Westbrook.
Applications for inclusion on the ballot will be accepted between Monday, October 16 and Sunday, November 17, 2023.
Guidelines for Customer Balloting:
- Non-profit organizations must be tax-exempt 501(c)(3), and must maintain headquarters within the eleven towns listed above. Applications from religious or service (Rotary, Lions, etc.) organizations will not be considered.
- In addition to completing an application, non-profit organizations must provide proof of their tax exempt 501(c)(3) status by emailing a copy of their IRS Determination Letter with the subject line IRS Letter for 2024 Annual Ballot to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Monday, November 18, 2023.
- If applications are received from more than one non-profit organization benefiting the same cause or operation, the first received application will be the only one to appear on the ballot.
- Ballot acceptance and denial letters will be both emailed and mailed to each organization on or around December.
- Customer balloting will take place from February 1 through February 29, 2024. A customer is defined as any person having a safe deposit box, loan, trust or deposit account with Essex Savings Bank.
- Ballot voting results, monetary disbursements and a results press release will be sent out during or around the month of April.
Essex Savings Bank Management, Board of Directors and Trustees reserve the right to make changes to, or terminate the Community Investment Program at any time without prior notice.Click here to apply now.