Information Systems Specialist
Essex Savings Bank’s Information Systems Department is looking to fill the role of Information Systems Specialist. The incumbent will perform a variety of functions on a daily basis.
• Assists the Vice President, Information Systems Officer (ISO), with managing the operations of the Bank’s automated systems, perform periodic reviews of existing systems, hardware, and software to ensure maximum operating efficiency and economy and handle installation and maintenance of automated systems, hardware and software.
• Report to the ISO any changes to existing IT assets, including Workstations, Servers, Network Switching, Network Routing, Software Updates, Active Directory, etc.
• Assist the ISO in providing technology-related input to the strategic plan and annual budget. Assist with monitoring innovations in the financial industry and evaluate their practicality and effectiveness.
• Identify and implement technology strategies to enhance efficiencies within the bank, establishing the planning, implementation and completion of the project while tracking each phase/step and managing the communication between responsible parties.
• Work with other departments in technology-related projects on an as needed basis, utilizing strong interpersonal skills (both written & oral), ensuring risks are identified, mitigated and reviewed frequently.
• Manage end of life strategies for software and hardware, including assessing, mitigating and tracking I.T. related risks from such changes posed to the bank.
• Assist the ISO, with reviewing, maintaining I.T. Policies and Procedures.
• Assist with conducting and tracking all annual training requirements to Essex Savings Bank employees.
• Serve as secretary to various committee meetings.
• Assist the Marketing Officer with digital marketing including upgrades and updates on the Bank’s website.
Qualifications required for this position is as follows:
• BS/BA or similar education plus specialized knowledge of the information security field of work.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT position(s), banking industry exposure is a plus but not required.
• Must have experience in managing many aspects of information technology including network administration, Windows operating systems, WAN/LAN, Project Management, and Change Control Management.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products including Office365 and Adobe DC Pro.
• Must have strong communication and organization skills.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment. Submit resumes and salary history to:
Essex Savings Bank Human Resources, P.O. Box 950, Essex CT 06426.
Job Type: Full-time