Essex Savings Bank’s fast-growing Loan Department is looking for a motivated individual to fill the position of Loan Closer I. Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be detailed oriented and possess strong customer service, organizational and analytical skills.
Qualified individuals must also be able to manage multiple tasks such as:
- Individual will prepare and execute funding of residential closing packages and documentation in accordance with established guidelines and policies under the loan origination supervisor’s guidance.
- Position prepares residential closing documents and verifies that all closing conditions have been met and meet minimum requirements; verifies interest rate, fees and credits are correct; title work is free of extraneous liens and contains the proper vesting and legal description; verifies if property is in a flood zone and ensure there is adequate homeowners and/or flood insurance coverage. Ensures closing package is accurate, complete and all documents meet or exceed all regulatory guidelines before submission to the closing attorney.
- Reviews attorney drafted Sellers Closing Disclosure prior to closing for compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements, and in particular, that pricing and fees are charged in accordance with bank policy in order to avoid loan losses and/or regulatory penalties. Conducts final quality control check prior to disbursement. Creates account on Insight and the disbursement of funds on the day of closing.
- Reviews attorney closing packages following the closing for compliance with bank requirements and state and federal regulations, and that mortgage loans are eligible for delivery into the secondary market. Works with required parties to resolve any deficiencies prior to the transfer to the Servicing Department.
- Interfaces with lenders and attorneys, preparation and distribution of documents to appropriate individuals, and post-closing documentation follow-up. Assist Loan Closer II with CATIC Lending Solutions vetting process for closing attorneys. Provides quality customer services as it relates to residential mortgage origination inquiries and research issues.
- Assists with compliance related duties, HMDA tracking and other month end management reports. Cross-trains with other department personnel on variety of duties.
- Cross-train in Residential loan origination processing including but not limited to data entry of new residential mortgage applications, preparing “3” day documents, handling rate sets and appraisal distributions, follow internal guidelines, bank policies and regulatory requirements. Cross-train with other department personnel on variety of duties.
- Assist loan administration department and department manager in other duties and projects as needed.
- High school diploma and 1 – 2 years experience or equivalent combination
- Proficient computer skills with a solid grasp on Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent Customer Services Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A high degree of attention to detail necessary
- Ability to multi-task
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment. Apply on Indeed or email resumes to email@example.com.
You may also mail resumes to Essex Savings Bank Human Resources, P.O. Box 950, Essex CT 06426.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our policy, click here.