Essex Savings Bank, a growing, dynamic, community bank, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Accounting team!
Under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor, responsible for various daily and monthly general ledger reconciliations, prepaid and accrued expenses, fixed assets, assist in preparation of assigned financial reports for management and perform a variety of functions.
- Reconcile FRB statement, Cash Letter, and other suspense accounts daily. Prepare daily FRB Cash Letter GL entry. Responsible for researching and clearing outstanding items in a timely manner and promptly report variances to supervisor.
- Reconcile various other general ledger accounts and internal DDA statements monthly. Reconcile loan and deposit trials to general ledger weekly. Review and clear cash advance settlements weekly. Responsible for researching and promptly clearing outstanding items.
- Responsible for Fixed Asset Accounting, accurately set up new assets, transfer and retire assets appropriately. Process month-end procedures. Reconcile and analyze GL accounts to ensure accurate reporting. Prepare yearly property tax assessment reports. Conduct periodic inventory of assets at all locations.
- Responsible for maintaining Prepaid and Accrued Items Sub-Module System. Prepare month end entries for other manually accrued items. Process month-end procedures and close modules timely for financial statement reporting. Reconcile and analyze accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting.
- Assist in preparation of various financial and regulatory reports. Support audits by promptly providing requested reports.
- Cross-train and assist as needed with various accounting duties. Provide back-up for accounting department personnel. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Accounting degree required and/or 1– 2 years’ relevant experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Windows based software (Excel and)
- Willingness to learn accounting software and proficient calculator skills
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment. Submit resumes to Essex Savings Bank Human Resources P.O. Box 950 Essex CT 06426.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Job Type: Full Time