Trust Administration Trust Operations & Administration Assistant
Essex Savings Bank’s Trust Department is looking to fill the role of Trust Administration Trust Operations & Administration Assistant. The incumbent will perform a variety of trust administrative functions on a daily basis.
- Under the Trust Operations Manager and Trust Administration Assistants’ supervision, train in the substantive and technical aspects of the proper operation and administration of trusts. Support the Department in trust account file preparation, review and maintenance, as well as daily and monthly operations matters.
- Learn different elements of trust administration, including cash needs management, processing receipts and disbursements, account compliance with regulations, and coordination with operations and internal and external stake-holders. Learn to interpret trust instruments and other legal documents. Complete preliminary work related to account open and close matters.
- Train to accurately post transactions for accounts, transaction entries, monthly account and securities reconciliations and verification of assets. Interface, as needed, with the operations outsourcing company as well as investment firms engaged by the Department. Sensitivity to deadlines for posting transactions and month end reporting is critical.
- Train as a back-up to the Trust Operations Manager to provide daily operations, month-end balancing and account reconciliation. Assist with additional daily and monthly operational tasks as needed.
- Ongoing training and development required. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel required in addition to basic proficiency in the remaining Microsoft Office suite applications. Train and grow to intermediate proficiency in trust accounting system. Participate in internal and external training regarding developments in law and related matters involving trust administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and Associates Degree
- Proficient computer skills with a solid grasp on Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent Customer Services Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A high degree of attention to detail necessary
- 2 – 3 years of trust or wealth management administration
- Experience in FIS Charlotte or other trust accounting platform
- Ability to multi-task
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and an excellent working environment. Submit resumes and salary history to:
Essex Savings Bank Human Resources, P.O. Box 950, Essex CT 06426.